This past weekend we spent 2 days with Josh, my best friends nephew from Alabama. He's been stationed in Rapid City for just a month. We took him around the Black Hills and had a great time. He's a great young man. The last time we'd seen him he was a little 10 year old boy ... now he's a 6' 2" young man.



This is where Josh works.

We went over to Wall, SD and these 2 guys came upon this very pretty girl ... guess which one she went for!!!!!!

Then we took a drive thru the Badlands, just across the road from Wall.

Stunning ... Wall is in what I would call the normal landscape of South Dakota, then you drive maybe 5 miles and "bammm" there's the Badlands.

I didn't think I was ever going to get to see a buffalo! This is the only one that was close enough to the road to get a good picture of. Never saw any in the whole state of Wyoming!

Then there's these cute, cute fellas at Prairie Dog Town in the Badlands. I got many, many, many shots of the prairie dogs! They seemed to like to pose for the camera.

Then on Sunday we went into the Black Hills and the 1st thing we did was take this chair life ride.

At the top you can see Mount Rushmore - just off to the right of Josh.

You can use the slide to go back down from the chair lift and I wasn't going to do it, but when I saw Josh go down, I thought maybe I could, too. So John went down in the chair lift with the camera and here comes Josh ....

.... then here comes me!!!!! It was so much fun that I made Josh go up once more & down the slide again!! I didn't have to talk too hard, he liked it, too!

This is always an amazing sight!


We also went to the Crazy Horse Monument.
No comments:
Post a Comment