Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Last of Colorado roads up to Wyoming ....

Gorgeous drive on I-70 in Colorado heading east toward Denver.
This was early morning (well, 9:00 a.m. anyway!!) and the water was just sparkling.

Now this is the road heading up north off of I-70. It's a detour we took because of a rockslide on I-up around Glenwood Springs. It's a 2-laner so we've got our fingers crossed!
Oh, it's turned out to be a lovely, lovely drive. Lots & lots of cattle ....
Lots & lots & lots of sheep - already sheared .....
and the road goes on .....
Lots & lots of horses .....
Oh, no, this is what we tried to avoid on I-70!!!!!
.... turned out to be only about a 10 minute delay & very short. Whew!!!!
and the road goes on .......
The other "on the road" project. But it was pretty ignored on this drive - the scenery was so superb!!!! And the road was really good - up and down but a good road.
And always a Wal-Mart at the end of a long drive - this one is in Craig, CO ... just 40 short of our destination in Baggs, WY.
Here we are in Baggs ... little town of 348 and a little campground of 8 trailers!

No comments: