Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Not so good news ....

Deb & I were supposed to leave Doha today at 10 a.m. but we're still here! We all went out last night for a very, very nice last night with Jenn & ate at a real nice restaurant on the water. We ordered a variety of dishes & it was all delicious. Then since it gets dark pretty early here, 6 p.m., we spent some time on the Corniche - a walk around the Bay and enjoyed it so much. A nice cool & breezy night. Then about 1 in the morning I got so sick to my stomach & spent the rest of the night in & out of the bathroom. I finally threw up & felt much better but when we got up to get ready to go, it all came back & Deb said she, too, felt nauseous. I knew we'd never be able to make the flight then, so Jenn did some calling & now I don't know when we'll be coming home! Jenn also felt ill later this morning but she did go to work. Deb & I are taking it very easy as I still feel inclined to spend part of my time in the bathroom! We're not sure it's something we ate or the flu. I've been up awhile now (after going back to bed for 4 hours & sleeping very well) & just had some toast with peanut butter that's sitting quite well. So we're all hoping this is a 24-hour whatever. Will let you all know when we finally get a flight out.
Diane

No comments: