Monday, April 09, 2007

Unreadable marker .......

Since it's still cold this morning (weather forcast says it's supposed to get up to 80 degrees today!! but it's only 50 now at noon) here is a grave marker we found on Friday in Balmorhea, TX. It's almost unreadable but what's exciting is that I can go to RootsWeb.com and look up a surname and if I'm lucky, someone has put in information on that person. What I did to start with was look at my photos to see the names on the markers close to this one and one of them was for James Barksdale. When I looked up his name on RootsWeb, there was also information on his wife: Mosetta Turney Barksdale. When I zoomed in on the photo below, I could indeed make out that name! It's very gratifying to me when I can do this & I hope that the family can somehow find this photo, too.



Mosetta Turney Barksdale
b. Nov 8, 1877
d. Mar 3, 1962

No comments: