Saturday, April 09, 2011

From New Mexico ....

An old abandoned cemetery, in terrible condition near Hurley, NM. We found over 200 stones but there was alot of tramping thru some tall, dead grass.
Some of that tall dead grass was deadly - John tried pulling some around a stone & got cut really good. It's healing nicely tho.


This was an oddity - south of Deming, NM when we were hunting another cemetery. Unfortunately we didn't find the cemetery but this stuck out like a sore thumb.


The sign out front said it was U.S. Air Force "Tethered Radar System" and when I googled it, it had some interesting information for it. It's used to detect low-flying aircraft.


Made a "touristy" visit to Silver City, NM.


Came back to the RV one day and could hardly see it or the town or anything else. The wind was blowing feriously and stirred up lots & lots of dust & sand.



A purse/backpack that I'm using this year. My niece made it several years ago & I had put it away because it was "special". When I saw it again before this trip, I thought "why am I saving something special, when I could be using something special.

No comments: