Saturday, March 26, 2011

An update from Arizona

Finally getting the Blog updated! Have a good internet connection at the moment. Here's some pictures of our stay with Leona in Yuma, AZ. We had a yard sale while we were there & sold a bunch of our junk ... urrrr, I mean our treasures!! Had a great sale, people were in a buying mood.
I went to Curves with Leona while I was there. We went almost every day ... and at 7 a.m. to boot!! I did pretty good with the early morning hours.

We did the Zumba classes - alot more energy for that! This is the effervescent instructor - she smiled constanly. A great motivator.

My niece, Yvonne & hubby & granddaughter came down to Yuma while we were there and we had wonderful visits with them.

Little B watering Great-grandma's flowers.

She was very entertaining & we all enjoyed her so much.


John & JR juicing some of the oranges there so we could take some juice when we left. Oh, was it every good.

This is the ghost town of Fairbank, down near Sierra Vista, AZ. There, of course was a cemetery behind the town, on top of the hill.

It was about 3/4 mile to the cemetery and another 3/4 miles to come back!!!!

John beat me there & got to rest before I got to the top!

An example of the stones in the cemetery ......

Some of the wildlife that spotted us coming back down from the cemetery.

Here's our favorite eating place in Bisbee, AZ. We're photographing a large cemetery in town (about 5,000 burials) and we will take us several days. We found the "Bisbee Breakfast Club" on our 2nd day when we noticed lots & lots of cars parked there, so figured there was good food. We were right. It's only about 4 blocks from the cemetery so we stop here every day for our lunch ... or late breakfast.

This day, however, we decided to try their pie .......

Look closely and you'll see my eyes are crossed ... yes, it was that good! And I didn't feel too guilty because we went right back to the cemetery for another hour of walking & clicking pictures!

Spring has sprung here in AZ - all you in the snow & rain country, your time will come when you'll see these sweet blossoms, too. Just hang in there!

1 comment:

LilliJean said...

Well diane....i thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful pictures you've posted here---You're quite the artistic photographer (a gift) I'm super busy @ the moment so can't write long as I'd like---house is emptied of people so I have to make hay as they say :-) I'll be back in touch though---to learn more about how you & your hubby ever got started doing the "grave walking" You are definitely an inspiration! Keep up the pictures and the telling. Blessings, pat vestevich (find me on Facebook)
Patricia Herron Vestevich