Friday, July 09, 2010

Hometown of Froid .....

This is just the start of our time in Froid, my hometown, and it's 100th celebration that I was so happy to be at!! I have so many pictures & will be putting more on after I edit them. These are from when we 1st got there with my cousin Darlene. Then a 2nd cousin came for a few days - he's from Watertown, SD and he wanted to see the family farm where his Grandpa used to work in the summers in the '30s. He spoke very positively of those times. Still to come are pictures of the parade, the quilts, the class reunions, the relatives .... and more!!
... myself, Tom and cousin Darlene ...

The 2 ladies - myself & Darlene - are of course, related but the husbands - John & Jim - get along so well that we always have a great time when we're all together.
This is the only recognizable building on the family farm, that is no longer in the family.

.... this is where the house was. If you remember the quilt I had made with the pictures of all the buildings on the farm, you will remember this was a grand old house sitting here at one time.

.... and this was where the beautiful barn sat. Darlene is going to get some of the wood from this barn and her sister has the branding iron that Grandpa had and they are going to brand a piece of board for each of us!!!
This little guy is Teagan with his Dad, Levi. Teagan is the little grandson of Darlene's sister, who has cancer.
Teagan with his Mom, Steph .....
.... and Teagan with his Grandma. He has these soft, adorable curls! It'll be hard to give him his 1st haircut, I wager!
Now we're in Froid.
.... main street of Froid ....
.... Steve's Chevrolet - where my Dad worked when we lived in Froid.
.... the school gym - "Home of the Cardinals" ....

.... the loooooooooong hallway where I walked every school day from 1st grade to 5th grade. I remember it so well!!!! Then we moved to Glendive.
My Grandma's house that's been vacant for a very long time.
.... me, Ed and Leona. We all remember very, very good times in that house ....
.... and we all wish that we could buy it & fix it up and live in it again.
.... the windows in the house.

No comments: