Thursday, May 22, 2008
My "Homestead" Quilt
Last year when we were here in Jerseyville I saw a quilt that a friend of ours here had made & I just fell in love with it! So I commissioned her to make me one and here it is. I call it a "Homestead" quilt because the pictures in the middle are of my grandparents homestead in Montana. The beautiful finished product is a collaboration of several people though. Bonnie's husband did a freehand drawing of each of the buildings that I had sent them pictures of. Then Bonnie laid the different material over those drawings. She also did all the applique work & stitched the blocks together & did the final binding. A friend of Bonnie's (who does not quilt but has a great eye for color) picked out most of the material. Then John's niece, Karen (from here also) did all the "hand" quilting stitches. Be sure to scroll down to see the detailed picture. For some reason I couldn't upload the 2 photos under one heading??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is very neat! I really like it. Amazing amount of work huh? Very nice. Looks good in the motorhome too.
Post a Comment