We're not really blowing our own horn - well, maybe we are!! But it's gratifying to get notes from people who have benefitted from our "grave-walking". That keeps us energized & ready to go out and do it some more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(MO) Dear Diane,
Hello, I am from Northeast Mo. I believe you might have helped me find my Great-Great Grandmothers grave. I was just looking through the cemeteries in Ill. and accidently stumbled upon Mary Hawkins wife of J Hawkins who I believe might be my Great-Great-Great Grandparents. Thank You So Much for Finding my family.
Connie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(SD) Both you and your husband gave me a great gift---the local FAIRCHILD burial location. . .
I live "down the block" from their gravesite.
And, I am very distantly related to them.
Two of their children, William and Henry, were born in S.D.
Thank you so much!
Howard
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Diane, I was so surprised and excited that you were able to get the headstone photos of my 2nd great grandparents, the Brizzees. I thank you so much for doing this!! Thank you again. It is alot of fun working as a family on family!! Those who don't care about what we do, simply have not been bitten by the genealogy bug yet. I've been doing some of the same for people here in Navarro Co and it is equally exciting to find their requests. We must be a different breed of people to love research so much.
Warm regards,
Wayne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi,Thank you so much for trying to find william combs he was my great uncle i was helping his grand-daughter she is trying to find his grave we knew he lived in buckeye with his brother mel and that they both had passed away, it was my sister who had called asking about him.I really do want to thank you.Aleast we now no he isnt in that area his grand-daughter has been looking for him for over 20 years and found me on find a grave i will let her know what you found out thanks, Annie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just wanted to thank you for these photos! It helped me know for certain that this was my Greatgranduncle & family.
It gave me confrmation on dates. It was simply a wonderful find! I do the same only, I don't get them transcribed very quickly.
(Unemployed, Single working mother of 2.) If I had it, I would send you something to help you continue your service.
I really don't know what else to say but, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"
Best Wishes, Lettie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks so very much for getting this picture! I read your bio atfindagrave.com and I'm very impressed that you take photos wherever youhappen to be! Thanks for all your time and efforts!Carolyn
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you so much for supplying gravestone photos for James A. & Hassie Clanton as well as Charles D. & Addie Clanton. Your efforts are much appreciated. I see by your bio. that you travel in your RV 6 mos. of the year. We are also RVers and often visit cemeteries while traveling. It's a great way to see the country, isn't it?
Thanks again.
Joan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just wanted to thank you for taking photos of the relatives graves in Mount Olive Cemetery in Howard County. It seems the cousins from that part of the family were not real good about purchasing grave markers! LOL. "Mary E. Hobbs Kelley Gray Meadows" is my 2nd great grandmother (and 3rd great STEP-grandmother LOL).
Thanks again.
Joel H.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for taking the picture of Minnie Ola Stofle. She is mygreat-grandmother. She died at relatively young age. My father never got tomeet her. She must have have been wonderful as her kids greatly missed herThanks again,Matt- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(TX) THANK YOU SO MUCH , Diane!
I am so excited to get those, they all belong to my family tree. Its the first time I have ever seen them. Those are GREAT, pictures. And I love the picture of the sign for the cemetery. Those are just the best pictures and the size is really good. Please let me know if I can do anything for you from this area at any time. You are doing a great job. I know there will be lots of other people who will forever be as grateful as I am. I probably would never have got to see any of these stones if not for you.
Thank you,
Carole
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear Diane,
Thank you for the photo and notes on a stone in Taycheedah. I have been looking for Deborah Ann Robbins Potter's family. I have a family Bible with her matching death date!
Pam
No comments:
Post a Comment