
We thought springtime would be a good time for grave-walking. In some ways, yes, (not contending with the humidity & heat in the midwest) and in some ways, definitely no! You will notice my eyes don't look good and my nose was running like mad (I guess I wiped it just before the picture!) and I was sneezing .... alot.
So, we're still learning about this grave-walking. If the cemetery is in deserty, dry places, it should be done in the fall - snakes & most poison weeds will be gone. In the spring, there is all kinds of pollen - unless the cemetery is very well taken care of & mowed. This one was well taken care of but the "spring grass" was up about 2 inches and the trees were blooming - the makings of lots of pollen!!! The pollen doesn't affect John in this way, but he has to watch out for the poison oak & poison ivy. Now, that doesn't seem to bother me!
The joys & hazards come out about even - it's usually so quiet & peaceful, so you never know what neat animals you'll come across.
No comments:
Post a Comment