We had a speck of trouble with the motorhome coming home. The rubber holding that top little window in place came loose & John didn't notice it til the bottom of the window popped out. He, of course, stopped, got out his ladder & his trusty duct tape & went to work! The bottom window lost some rubber, too, so it got duct taped, too.



We came home via I-80 through the Sierras - one of my favorite drives.


However, there was much construction going on there and ..........

this section of road scared me silly!! The motorhome barely fit between the barricades, but John ... being the excellent driver that he is ... made it through the 2 miles unscathed. I, on the other hand, broke out in a sweat & either had my eyes closed or looked very intently out John's side window. No way was I going to see how close my side was to those barricades!! I wish now I had taken a picture looking down ... well, not really! We had stayed overnight in Boomtown & another motorhome pulled in there who was going east (we were headed west the next day). They told us they weren't so lucky coming throught the barricades on the other side as there was a horrible scratch all along one side of their motorhome! Then today when we went to put our motorhome in storage, the manager told us he knew of someone else coming thru there that also got scratched all along one side. We felt lucky to have made it!!

So, yes, we are home ... to $3.04 gas. We had been paying right around $2.39 the whole trip. The house again is till here & in fine shape - the neighbor watched it good. But one of our other neighbors has her house up for sale. Her husband passed away while we were gone & she's moving closer to her daughter. It'll be interesting to see if it sells & what she gets for it. About 4 years ago the houses in here were going for $400,000 and her realtor put $199,999 on hers! John never fails to let me know he wanted to sell 4 years ago & I didn't!! Oh, well, maybe the prices will come up again.
No comments:
Post a Comment