
We had time to tour the Wyoming State Penitentuary even though we got there at 4:45 and they closed at 4:30. People were still there & stayed to give us a tour.

It has been closed since 1981 and was the only prison for the entire state of Wyoming.

Our young tour guide was very good with the information about the prison. She is a junior in high school in Rawlins.

One of the 373 cells.

Not much room. Ughhhh!!!
The Gas Chamber. There were only 4 executions in the gas chamber but there were 14 hangings here.

There was a Prison Cemetery, too, but it was fenced & no admittance. I took this with my zoom lens.

We needed something cheerful after that and what better place than the local ice cream shop!!!

Yummmmm!!!!

Sinfully rich and fattening .... but, oh so good!! My absolute favorite - a brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with marshmallow & hot fudge, topped with whipped cream!!
2 comments:
Do you check your comments from past blogs?? I scan your blog once in awhile off of Dana's blog. We live 30 miles from Rawlins, WY. Dana, Jim, Reece, her folks and brother stopped here several years ago to see my son and wife that they were friends with in NV.
don't check for comments right off the Blog but it forwards any and all coments to my e-mail box. So I got yours today. I also check your Blog from Dana's site!! I knew you lived in WY but of course didn't realize how close we were when we were in Rawlins. Thanks for the comment.
Post a Comment