We spent a day at the Museum of the Appalchia and it was great. Highly recommended for all. It's on 60 acres and has lots of little out-buildings that have been authenticated & brought in log by log and rebuilt. We both enjoyed it very much.I was fascinated with this cabin. They had it on the grounds & it was so tiny from the outside but when you looked inside, it wasn't bad at all. And like the man said "big enough for a cot, a chair, and a little stove, and my fiddle - what more does a man need"!
This is truely one of John's relations who lived here in Tennessee. We were surprised to see the picture on the Museum wall.This is a 'baby peacock. They were so fast & kept hiding in the undergrowth. I had to be quick and of course Mama was right there, too. I wasn't quite sure what she would do if I got too close!
At rest - I wonder if those feathers are heavy??






1 comment:
Hey,
My email is on the fritz, so... Hope you get this. We have not received a box yet. We are going to be gone this weekend, so we won't be checking the mail today or tomorrow and I won't be checking email, etc...
Hope all is well with you!
Post a Comment