Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Meet Mathilda!

Meet the newest member of our family!! This is "Mathilda" - we call her Tillie for short. It's a Garmin 330 GPS.

After reading a lot of viewpoints from other Blogs, etc. we've decided on this one for our first experience. It's actually about the bottom of the line & therefore the least expensive, but if she does what we want her to, we can upgrade next year. And she'll get lots of use as we intend to use her in the car and the motorhome.

Our experience with the voice is, it's pleasant enough & she doesn't talk all the time. John ususally says "Yes, Dear", whenever she tells him when to turn, etc!!! She's even pleasant when he makes a wrong turn. She doesn't say, "turn around you big dummy!" (like his wife might say!) but does say "Recalculating". Hummmm!! Much more diplomatic, wouldn't you say?!

1 comment:

Dim and Jana said...

Thank you for your email and for thinking of us... not a good time right now! I'm sad I can't be there, but I wouldn't be much help with two little ones. I'm glad Jim could be there.
Mathilda looks great! Nice addition.